Follow step-by-step instructions to make a plain loop and a wrapped loop for your jewelry project.
1. Trim the wire 3/8 in. (1 cm) above the top bead. Make a right-angle bend close to the bead.
2. Grab the wire's tip with roundnose pliers. Roll the wire to form a half circle. Release the wire.
3. Reposition the pliers in the loop and continue rolling, forming a centered circle above the bead.
4. The finished plain loop.
1. Make sure there is at least 1.25 in. (3.2 cm) of wire above the bead. With the tip of your chainnose pliers, grasp the wire directly above the bead. Bend the wire (above the pliers) into a right angle.
2. Position the jaws of your roundnose pliers vertically in the bend.
3. Bring the wire over the top jaw of the pliers.
4. Reposition the pliers' lower jaw snugly in the curved wire. Wrap the wire down and around the bottom of the pliers. The is the first half of a wrapped loop.
5. Grasp the loop with chainnose pliers.
6. Wrap the wire tail around the wire stem, covering the stem between the loop and the top bead. Trim the excess wrapping wire, and press the end close to the stem with chainnose or crimping pliers.